-

Former Tough Enough winner Matt Cappotelli has terminal brain cancer

Former Tough Enough winner Matt Cappotelli got the worst possible news as it was determined that his brain cancer is terminal and his doctors say only 5% of patients with that condition survive a maximum of five years.

Louisville’s WDRB.COM is reporting that Cappotelli was diagnosed with Grade 4 glioblastoma tumor, the most deadly form of brain cancer. “Though it seems unfortunate, I want it to be portrayed as a story of hope … unending hope,” the 36-year-old Cappotelli said.

In 2007, Cappotelli beat cancer but after ten years of remission, cancer came back with a vengeance. In June of this year, surgeons removed 90% of the mass pressing on his skull while the remaining 10% was being treated with chemo. The remaining tumor that still resides in his brain is too dangerous to touch as it’s next to the brain stem.

Cappotelli won Tough Enough season 3 in 2003 along with John Hennigan, better known now as Johny Impact.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Braun Strowman set for first televised match in over a year next week

Braun Strowman will be involved in his first televised wrestling match in over a year next week on Monday...

WWE returning to Japan for the first time in five years this July

WWE will be visiting Japan in July for a three-day tour. This is labeled as a Supershow, meaning Superstars...

WWE Superstars and crew off to Saudi Arabia for two televised events

WWE Superstars hopped on a plane to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia after Raw to prepare for this weekend's Smackdown and...

Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading