-

One of the neurosurgeons who cleared Daniel Bryan talks about his medical evaluation

Dr. Robert Cantu, one of the leading neurosurgeons in the United States who examined Daniel Bryan in his bid to get cleared again to wrestle, spoke to Newsweek about the process and why he determined that Bryan should be given another chance to get back in the ring.

Dr. Cantu said that he examined Bryan on February 26, 2018 and noted that his medical records came with multiple evaluations by renowned concussion clinicians.

“I determined that Bryan is currently asymptomatic, has a normal detailed neurological and cognitive neuropsychological examination, normal EEG, and an MRI that showed no definite evidence of a prior brain injury,” Dr. Cantu said. “It is my medical opinion that there is no absolute contraindication to his return to in-ring action in WWE.”

The no prior evidence of brain injury is a statement that Bryan has revealed in some of his media interviews before.

Dr. Cantu is one of the three neurological experts who diagnosed what is believed to be the first case of CTE in professional wrestling in Chris Benoit.

Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

LATEST NEWS

New ThunderDome setup unveiled on Monday Night Raw

WWE modified its ThunderDome setup for the first time since introducing the concept back in August of last year.The...

Netflix releases trailer for Dave Bautista’s Army of the Dead movie

Streaming giant Netflix today released the trailer for Army of the Dead, a movie directed by Zack Snyder and...

Takeover: Stand & Deliver fallout tonight on NXT on USA Network

NXT begins on its new night of Tuesday tonight on USA Network at 8PM ET, running without head-to-head competition...
spot_img

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you