-

Detroit Sports Commission says WrestleMania 32 is not coming to town

Dave Beachnau, the Detroit Sports Commission Executive Director, told The Windsor Star that Detroit did not win the bid for WrestleMania 32 in 2016.

“We were notified back in June. There is no truth to it,” Beachnau said regarding the rumors that Detroit was going to host the show two years from now.

Beachnau said that they haven’t heard from WWE since June so there’s nothing to believe they made the cut. He added that the process is very confidential and the fact that WWE hasn’t publicly announced the location didn’t help to stop the rumors.

The city of Windsor put up $60,000 in taxpayer money to help Detroit with the bid in hoping to get a slice of WrestleMania if it ever came to Detroit. The Windsor city council was split on the decision and created some disagreements between them.

Other locations bidding for WrestleMania 32 were Orlando and Dallas.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Arthur Ashe Stadium expected to be host of Forbidden Door 2024

Andrew Zarian of Mat Men Podcast is reporting that the Forbidden Door pay-per-view in June will be taking place...

NXT rating for 02/20/2024

The taped episode of NXT drew 616,000 viewers this week, down 34,000 viewers from the prior week and the...

Rock and Reigns segment from last week’s Smackdown brings in the viewers

The Rock's and Roman Reigns' segment on Friday Night Smackdown last week was, much to no surprise, the highest-rated...

Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading