Home Blog Page 1618

TNA shows returning to DirecTV subscribers after black-out is resolved

TNA’s IMPACT Wrestling – and tons of other TV shows – will be back on the air for DirecTV customers after Viacom and the satellite broadcaster announced today that they have settled their dispute which cut off access to Viacom’s 17 channels from the DirecTV line up.

It’s been two weeks since Viacom’s channels – including Spike TV, MTV, VH-1, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and others – went dark after Viacom reportedly asked for more money from DirecTV to air their channels.

To make matters worse, Viacom shut off all the full-length episodes on its own websites after DirecTV told its customers that they would be able to view all the episodes of the shows they wanted online for full for free.

The new deal will also allow subscribers of DirecTV to see Viacom’s shows on their phone, tablets, and laptop devices using DirecTV’s Everywhere platform.

TNA along with other shows took their frustration to Twitter and social media sites and invited fans to call on DirecTV to settle the dispute. TNA event went as far as having Hulk Hogan cut a promo about the situation, posting it on its online assets.

Chavo Guerrero joins TNA Wrestling

Former ECW, WWE Cruiserweight and Tag Team title holder Chavo Guerrero has signed a deal with TNA Wrestling and will be making his debut on next week’s IMPACT Wrestling, on July 26.

This will not be Guerrero’s first working relationship with TNA as last December he participated in TNA’s India project titled Ring Ka King, where he won the tag team title with Harry Smith – the son of the British Bulldog.

Guerrero spent ten years with the WWE, joining the company right after WCW was bought out in 2001. He was released from his contract at his request in June 2011. Ever since he was released he participated in some indy promotions before heading to India for TNA.

Hogan recovering after another surgery

Hulk Hogan underwent another surgery this week which is why he was written off temporarily from TNA television last week.

The WWE Hall of Famer recorded a video message from hospital, accompanied by his long time friend and former manager Jimmy Hart, who he called “nurse Jimmy.”

“Hulk only calls me when there’s an operation,” joked Hart, who was sporting a WWE King of the Ring t-shirt.

“Hey, everything is cool. Had broken a couple of bones off hip bone, knee bone, all that stuff,” said Hulk as he laid in a hospital bed. “Up and running getting ready to have another title run that will last about 25 years,” he added. It was a joke, we think!

WWE Hall of Famer Sunny enters rehab

WWE Hall of Famer and former Diva Tammy Sytch – better known to all as Sunny – has checked herself into a rehab facility yesterday after a trip to an emergency room during the weekend.

Rob Feinstein, who runs RF Video and who also conducted an interview with her after she was released from hospital, wrote that WWE took swift action to send her to rehab after she admitted she needed help.

Feinstein wrote that he called Tommy Dreamer on Sunday to let him know about the situation, and Dreamer called WWE immediately, and within 30 minutes the company booked her stay in the rehab facility. WWE went as far as picking her up yesterday and obviously they are footing the bill as well.

“The WWE needs a lot of credit on how fast they acted and it is a good thing that they do this for anyone that has worked for the company,” he wrote on Facebook.

Austin Aries signs long term deal with TNA

TNA President Dixie Carter announced on her Twitter today that TNA has signed the current champion Austin Aries to a long term deal.

“Excited to have signed @AustinAries to a long term deal. I share the story on TNA Today TODAY,” Carter wrote, referring to the online webcast hosted by Jeremy Borash.

Aries won the TNA World title at the Destination X pay-per-view, giving up his X Division title a few weeks prior so he can get a shot at the big one. He eventually defeated the longest reigning TNA champ Bobby Roode two weeks ago, his only second singles title since he signed for TNA.

Aries spent two years with TNA between 2005 and 2007 and was granted his released after he received a suspension. He returned to the company in June of 2011.

Hulk Hogan opening retail store in Clearwater, Florida

The Clearwater Patch website is reporting that Hulk Hogan is opening up a retail shop close to his North Beach home on Mandalay Avenue.

Opening at the end of next week, the store will be located on the upper level of the Pelican Walk Plaza and will have a display of his memorabilia as well as items for sale. Hogan is planning to be a frequent visitor to his store for autograph signings and he will be bringing his fellow wrestlers with him as well.

Property manager Mike Buonos told the website that his daughter Brooke and his wife Jennifer will also be part of the business although it wasn’t clear in what capacity.

“It’s going to increase tourist traffic, because he himself is a tourist attraction,” Buonos says. “People love Hulk Hogan.”

The Pelican Walk Plaza currently has 11 outlets according to its website.

No IMPACT tonight for DirecTV customers

If you are a DirecTV customer and a TNA fan, tonight you are out of luck as 17 Viacom channels – including Spike TV – went dark this week on DirecTV systems.

The two sides failed to reach an agreement despite calls from fans of several TV shows uniting. Viacom is apparently asking for way more money and DirecTV is refusing to pay the requested sum to carry the channels.

Things most likely will get back to normal soon as it is in the interest of both parties to reach an agreement but unless something is done by 7PM EST tonight, there will be no IMPACT Wrestling for you if you have DirecTV.

First wrestlers announced for House of Hardcore promotion

The first few wrestlers to be part of Tommy Dreamer’s upcoming House of Hardcore promotion were announced this week.

Rhino, Sami Callihan from Combat Zone Wrestling, Chris Mordetsky (Chris Masters), The Big XLG (Luke Gallows), and the Sandman have officially joined the HoH roster, with many more to be announced as it gets closer to the first show on October 6.

“House of Hardcore is about work ethic,” Tommy Dreamer said. “I have chosen the men and women who will compete in House of Hardcore to wrestle on this first show for that reason, work ethic. Hardcore isn’t about blood, barbed wire and tables. It was always and will always be about a competitor giving everything they have physically, mentally, emotionally in their match. It is about the passion of what you do, what you give of yourself in the ring. Hardcore is about giving your heart and soul to the fans. That is the backbone of what House of Hardcore is about.”

The promotion will be based in Poughkeepsie, New York, and will hold its events in the Mid-Hudson Civic Center. Former ECW champion Tommy Dreamer is funding the project along with the help of other individuals.

Tommy Dreamer launching House of Hardcore promotion in October

Former ECW Heavyweight champion Tommy Dreamer will be launching his own promotion this coming October called House of Hardcore based out of Poughkeepsie, New York.

The promotion will be hosting its events at the Mid Hudson Civic Center once it kicks off and the Center will be its home base just like the ECW Arena was the home for ECW back in the days.

According to a source close to the start-up, Dreamer will be financially backing this project but with the help of several other people including local media, the Civic Center itself and other wrestlers.

“Tommy has a lot of friends that will show their support by being part of the event,” our source said. “And I mean a lot!”

Details about House of Hardcore have still not been fully released and a lot is still being kept under wraps. One thing is for sure though, our source said this will not be your typical ECW reunion by any means.

“You may see a few familiar faces, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be bigger than expected,” he added.

Dreamer also plans to include a wrestling school as part of House of Hardcore which will be based at the Civic Center as well.

A teaser about the promotion has been released on YouTube and you can see it below.

JBL “lucky to be alive” after first mountain climb

Former WWE champion John “Bradshaw” Layfield had a close call in his first out of seven mountain climbs which he is doing for a charity in Barbados where he lives.

JBL’s first trip was to Russia where he is conquering Mount Elbrus as part of his Seven Summits challenge, an adventure which WWE is sponsoring.

Before he set off for the summit, he noted on Twitter that there’s bad weather and that it will be very cold and wet.

“Got hypoxia and was fighting frostbite, still made it to 1,000 feet of summit then huge storm pushed us off mountain,” JBL later tweeted, adding that he is lucky to be alive.

He was doing good after coming back and recuperating from a tough climb. JBL is carrying a WWE flag with him and is planning to plant it at every top of the seven highest mountains in each continent that he’s planning to go to.

The fifth year anniversary of the Benoit family massacre

Five years ago today, on June 24, 2007, Chris Benoit murdered his 43 year old wife Nancy, then their 7 year old son Daniel, before hanging himself in the gym.

The story of his death sent shockwaves throughout the world of professional wrestling, a story which to this day some still hard it find to believe that the former WCW and World Heavyweight champion was capable of doing such a horrible act.

The next day on Monday Night RAW, WWE dedicated a three hour broadcast to the life of Chris Benoit. WWE Superstars, Divas, and officials wept on national television as they recounted stories involving Benoit. That night, an emotional Vince McMahon opened the show in an empty arena addressing television viewers of the tragedy involving the Benoit family

The day after RAW, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard and Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department revealed during a press conference that it was Chris Benoit who killed his family, strangling his wife with an electric cord and then smothered his son with a bag. Nancy was found in the living room while Daniel was found in his bedroom and Chris was found hung from the pulley of a weight machine in the basement.

Chris Benoit has been practically erased from WWE history. His matches on newly released DVD’s are nowhere to be seen and his photos and stories are non existent. Only his title reigns are listed on WWE.COM and the link to his wins lead only to an empty page.

For all his accomplishments, title wins, great matches, and everything else, Chris Benoit seems like he never existed as WWE did their best to distant themselves from the horrible massacre that he created.

For his friends, fellow wrestlers, and family, it’s just a nightmare that will probably never go away.

Piper talks about seeing the ghost of Adrian Adonis on TV show

WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper was on the Celebrity Ghost Stories on the Biography Channel discussing his encounter with the ghost of former WWE Superstar Adrian Adonis.

The house that Piper and his family lives in right now was purchased after Adonis – his opponent at WrestleMania III – encouraged him to do so.

Piper recalled that his son often see shadows and hears noises in the house and his daughter would scream because she said she had seen a man in her room.

Then Piper told a story how one day his son came out running and claimed that there is a man in the house after he came back from a trip and Piper stormed in the house. Piper saw the ghost image of Adrian Adonis who said “Hey Roddy” and then disappeared.

The WWE Hall of Famer had great things to say about Adonis – who was killed in 1998 after a car accident – and said he believes he’s just looking out for him and his family.

You can see a clip from the show with Piper below.

Kevin Nash says he’ll be on RAW tonight

In a message posted on Twitter, nWo co-founder Kevin Nash teased that he would be on Monday Night RAW tonight.

“Running Raw tomorrow night, going to be epic,” tweeted the former WWE and WCW Heavyweight champion yesterday.

Nash had a short stint with the company last year following his surprise entry at the Royal Rumble, getting by far the biggest pop of the night. He returned at SummerSlam attacking CM Punk and then wrestled Triple H at the TLC pay-per-view where he lost after he got hit by a sledgehammer to the face.

That was the last time Nash was on WWE television although he was present at the Hall of Fame this year.

Nash is known to mess with people online so it could be just a joke and there is no confirmation that he’ll be on the show.

Dwayne Johnson finishes filming new movie Empire State

Dwayne Johnson announced on his Twitter that he has wrapped up filming the movie Empire State in New Orleans, a movie about two childhood friends who rob an armored car depository.

“Thank U crew, cast and great city/people of New Orleans. Big love & see ya down the road,” he wrote.

The Rock is pretty busy this year with movies having done Snitch, Pain and Gain, Empire State, and is now filming The Fast and the Furious 6 and afterwards Hercules.

His movie G.I. Joe: Retaliation was pushed back to next year, a nine month delay from its original release date so it could be converted in 3D.

Were you able to catch it in theatres? Let us know what you thought of it at Yours Nutrition.

Paul Heyman fires up Mike Tyson who says he’s getting back in the ring

Former ECW creative genius Paul Heyman has delivered one of his signature videos, this time with none other than WWE Hall of Famer and boxing legend Mike Tyson.

In a video posted on YouTube, a crazed Heyman is heard talking while someone is taping the hands of an unknown person. “They’ve never seen no one like you. You know why? Because there is no one like you,” screams Heyman.

“I don’t care that you’re a vegan, you’re going to eat this guy alive.” After those words, the camera reveals Mike Tyson who says, “I’m getting back into the ring,” Tyson says with both fists taped up. “Don’t worry, I’ll be splendid!”

The 30 second video is as Bret Hart would say, excellently executed, but Tyson fails to mention in what ring he’s getting into. Boxing or wrestling?

You can see the awesome video below.

Maven credits WWE for saving his life from drug addiction problem

Former WWE Superstar and Tough Enough champion Maven has credited WWE for saving his life as they picked up the tab for his 50 day rehab program.

Maven was arrested in Florida in April of this year after he was caught using different doctors to get several painkillers, including Oxycodone and Hydrocodone. He did manage to get almost 1,000 pills from different pharmacies before law enforcement officers busted him.

“I owe the WWE my life for helping me through this situation,” Maven told TMZ.COM, adding that he’d be dead if WWE didn’t reach out to help him sort out his addiction problem.

TMZ says that the former WWE Hardcore champion has now moved into a sober living facility and “has never felt better.”

WWE reached out to Maven just days after his arrest and release from jail following a $2,000 bond. “Chapter 2 of my life begins now. I have the clarity and focus that comes with sobriety and will never let my family, friends and fans down again.”

JBL in Russia for first mountain climb to raise money for charity

Former WWE champion John “Bradshaw” Layfield is currently in Russia getting ready for his first mountain climb challenge to raise money for Bermuda’s Family Center, which helps underprivileged children.

JBL plans to climb the highest peaks in all continents and WWE is footing the bill for his charity adventure. His first stop is Mt. Elbrus which stands at 18,510 ft and is located within the Caucasus mountain range near the border of Georgia.

Layfield is carrying a large black WWE flag with him and plans to plant it at every summit. WWE is helping with the promotion of his adventures to raise awareness. He has also agreed to appear on WWE television to promote his cause.