The NWA is coming back to life with a new deal on FITE TV staring with a March 21 pay-per-view titled Back For The Attack. The PPV will also be available via FITE TV’s cable and satellite partners.
The weekly NWA Power show will also return after a year, airing each Tuesday at 6:05PM starting on March 23. When the pandemic hit, the NWA was forced to go into hiatus and no new programming has been recorded since. Previous Power shows on YouTube have been pulled but are available on FITE for free.
Speaking to the Associated Press, NWA owner Billy Corgan said that he never anticipated how much people would love the studio format. “In our downtime, we did a fan survey and the No. 1 thing was, don’t get rid of Power,” Corgan said.
“We were never in any financial peril. We were totally on a growth pattern. The plan for last year before things kind of hit the skids was to start pivoting. We were in discussions with Live Nation about running live events to help bring in revenue and expand who was watching the product. It was more about growing pains stuff, but we didn’t have any problems internally with the product,” Corgan explained to the AP.
The Back For The Attack pay-per-view will be headlined by NWA World’s champion Nick Aldis and Corgan said that all the tapings will be held without fans and without artificial crowd noise. The PPV will be dedicated to the memory of NWA wrestler Joseph “Jocephus” Hudson who passed away last week.