-

Former Tough Enough winner Matt Cappotelli passes away from brain cancer

Former Tough Enough winner Matt Cappotelli passed away yesterday from brain cancer.

The announcement of his death was done by his wife, Lindsay. “I’ve been struggling with what to say and how to say this, and I’ll probably end up rambling, but here goes. Today, my love – my strong, sweet, beautiful love – took his last breath at 3:30AM and went Home to be with Jesus…exactly one year after his brain surgery,” Lindsay wrote.

Lindsay talked about how you think you are prepared for something like this and you know it’s coming but you simply cannot prepare for it.

“The only person whose comfort I want right now is the one who can’t give it to me. I miss him so much. I know where he is now is no much better, but it doesn’t change how much I miss him,” she added.

Last year, Cappotelli was diagnosed with Grade 4 glioblastoma tumor, the most deadly form of brain cancer. In 2007, Cappotelli beat cancer but after ten years of remission, cancer came back with a vengeance. In June of last year, surgeons removed 90% of the mass pressing on his skull while the remaining 10% was being treated with chemo. The remaining tumor that still resided in his brain was too dangerous to touch as it was next to the brain stem.

Cappotelli won Tough Enough season 3 in 2003 along with John Hennigan.

Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Punk vs MJF announced for next week’s Dynamite

In a bid to boost the slow ticket sales in Chicago, AEW has pulled the trigger and is putting...

Sammy Guevara regains TNT title in ladder match

There's only one TNT champion after last night's Dynamite and Sammy Guevara is now the man, reclaiming the title...

WWE President Nick Khan shoots down rumors of WWE sale

In a WWE piece on Sports Business Journal, WWE President Nick Khan has confirmed that the company fielded some...
sports betting site betway