-

Ricky Saints talks about name change and reasoning behind it

Appearing on Busted Open Radio, the newly renamed Ricky Saints discussed the idea behind his new name.

Now formerly known as Ricky Starks, he said that the new name is as close as you’re going to get to Starks and he likes the name as it’s pretty indicative of New Orleans.

“I know a lot of people are going to be…it’s going to take time for people to get used to it and I respect that they care so deeply about me, um, that they rebel against the name change but at the same time I am a product of New Orleans and I want to pay respect to that as well,” Saints told Bubba Ray.

The former AEW Tag Team champion signed his NXT contract on last night’s episode and it was the first time that he was addressed by the name after WWE didn’t mention it since his surprise appearance last week.

He also tackled the issue of his AEW release and why he was never brought back to television after he got injured in March 2024 among other topics.

“There are some people who stuck their nose in my creative business that shouldn’t have happened,” Saints said. “Veterans. And that’s it, I’ll leave it at that. And if they got a problem with me, they got my number. And text me about it.”


Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

CM Punk wrestles at NXT live event in Petersburg, Virginia

WWE champion CM Punk not only made an appearance at the NXT non-televised live event yesterday in Petersburg, Virginia,...

La Parka moves on in the WWE World Heavyweight title #1 contender’s tournament

La Parka became the second man to advance in the WWE World Heavyweight title #1 contender's tournament after he...

Rhodes vs Orton made official for September 6 Sunday Night’s Main Event

The first official match for the upcoming Sunday Night's Main Event was announced by Smackdown General Manager Nick Aldis...