-

Over $100 million spent on WWE Network so far

The WWE Network was another major topic during today’s conference call with investors, hosted by Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon and Chief Strategy & Financial Officer George Barrios.

Barrios revealed that they spent over $100 million so far on the Network, $75 million went in the creation of it and another $40 million went on staff hiring and related expenses. While the initial number of subscribers were a disappointment for investors, Barrios said that to reach a stable level it will take up to three years where they hope to have almost 4 million subscribers.

To make up for lost pay-per-view revenue, assuming the Network will cannibalize all PPV revenue, it will take around 1.3 million subscribers and not a million as they stated before. Last Friday’s press release said it was up to 1.4 million subscribers “at a steady state” to offset lost PPV business.

With more subscribers to the Network comes additional costs to run the service, processing of cards, and other costs and Barrios said that when they reach 1.5 million subscribers the cost of running the Network will be almost $50 million.

Barrios did not want to give the subscriber count as it stands today and said they will keep their word that an updated number will be given at every quarter earnings call. When asked where do they see the Network a year and a half down the road, Barrios added that while they have a good idea where they want to be, they can’t give anyone certainty and said every day they learn new things.


Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Bianca Belair and Montez Ford throw baby shower

Bianca Belair and Montez Ford threw a baby shower with the theme "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star & Over the...

Rico Constantino talks Billy and Chuck, American Gladiators, getting fired from WWE, and more

Rico Constantino sat down with Chris Van Vliet in Arizona to discuss the many jobs he's had on top...

Card now complete for this weekend’s Saturday Night’s Main Event in Fort Wayne

Two more matches were announced last night on Raw for this weekend's Saturday Night's Main Event. Former NXT Women's North...

Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading