The NXT Halloween Havoc main event has changed as expected and will now feature a triple threat match for the NXT title rather than a one-on-one match.
Originally announced as Bron Breakker vs JD McDonagh, the trajectory of the main event was altered last week when former NXT UK champion Ilja Dragunov entered the picture after a few months out.
Last night on NXT on USA Network, both McDonagh and Dragunov said that they are the rightful number one contenders and were interrupted by the NXT champion. Former NXT Cruiserweight champion McDonagh said that he and Dragunov should fight each other and the winner faces Breakker at Havoc, but the champ shot down the idea and suggested a triple threat match between all of them.
The Saturday, October 22 show has only two matches announced so far, with the other one being a ladder match for the vacant NXT North American title. Carmelo Hayes, Oro Mensah, and Wes Lee have so far qualified for the match with two more scheduled to be added.