-

Davey Boy Smith Jr discusses his late father’s upcoming HOF induction

Davey Boy Smith Jr, the son of the British Bulldog, revealed some details about the upcoming WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony while speaking to UK publication Metro.

The HOF, which was canceled last year due to the coronavirus pandemic, will be taking place this year in some form with last year’s inductees taking center stage.

The former WWE Superstar said that he’s already planning what topics he wants to cover but it all depends how much time they will allow him, noting that his mother and sister will join him at the podium and all three have to divide the time that WWE will allocate to them.

“I’m pinpointing things down now, and trying to think of specific stories that I might want to address or what might be something the WWE Universe hasn’t heard,” he said. “Of course, definitely appreciative to them for all the support they’ve given my father and the wrestling industry – definitely big thanks to them. I’ll have to see how much time I have to really decide.”

The 35-year-old, who’s also contemplating a return to the WWE ring, said his dad’s induction is “long overdue” but is grateful that it’s finally happening and for now, he’s the one who’s going to be doing the induction.

Davey Boy Smith Jr also speculated that there won’t be an audience and a ThunderDome-style set-up will allow fans to participate virtually.

Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Impact rating for 05/06/2021

The May 6 episode of Impact Wrestling on AXS TV did a total of 123,000 viewers, up 3,000 viewers...

The Godfather on Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions

WWE Hall of Famer Charles Wright, better known as The Godfather, revealed on his Instagram that he has recorded...

Coronavirus outbreak hits New Japan Pro Wrestling roster

A coronavirus outbreak within New Japan Pro Wrestling has resulted in seven positive results among its roster.The positive tests...
spot_img