-

Alberto Del Rio done from WWE

Alberto Del Rio, for all intents and purposes, is done with the WWE and will not be returning following his 30-day suspension.

The former WWE champion’s contract was running out in October and he has a clause where he can simply walk out and it’s believed that he will be doing just that once his suspension is up. The out clause in his contract does not have a long no-compete clause so he could find different work almost immediately.

WWE already removed Del Rio from all upcoming live events. He received his first Wellness Program violation on August 18 along with his girlfriend Paige.

Del Rio returned to the WWE in October of last year as the surprise opponent of John Cena, beating him for the United States title at the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view. From that point onwards, his career went down quickly, first being associated with Zeb Colter and then with the League of Nations.

Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

LATEST NEWS

AEW Revolution pay-per-view moved to March 7

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that the AEW Revolution pay-per-view is being moved from February 27...

Jon Moxley says “never say never” about future return to WWE

During an AMA with Bleacher Report, former AEW champion Jon Moxley said he would not rule out a return...

Becky Lynch shows first post-pregnancy photo with baby Roux!

Former Raw and Smackdown Women's champion Becky Lynch uploaded her first post-pregnancy photo yesterday on Instagram, showing her support...

- Advertisement -

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you