-

Remember the $1 million offer for CM Punk? That tournament is canceled!

Remember that $1 million offer to CM Punk from British independent wrestling promotion 5 Star Wrestling? Well, the offer was not taken, and not only that, now the tournament that was supposed to happen to lure Punk back to the squared circle has been canceled as well.

The tournament, consisting of 128 wrestlers that was supposed to start in Liverpool on June 10 was abruptly canned and rescheduled for 2018.

“We have decided to completely reschedule the entire 5 Star Wrestling tournament for February. We know this will be disappointing to many fans as it means we will not be running any further shows in 2017 but we assure you, this is not a decision we have taken lightly and it is a move that will greatly improve the shows we host going forward,” a statement from the promotion read.

No reason was given as to why the tournament was canceled.
 
Daniel Hinkles, the owner of the promotion, made headlines last month after he told The Sun tabloid newspaper in the UK that he put an offer of $1 million for CM Punk to participate in the tournament.

Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Mojo Rawley says next chapter of his career starts on May 31

One person who was cut from WWE on April 15 but announced late was Mojo Rawley, the former 24/7...

WWE targeting SummerSlam to have live fans in attendance

Just Barrasso of Sports Illustrated is reporting that WWE is targeting SummerSlam as the next show to be performed...

Smackdown rating for 04/16/2021

The post-Mania Smackdown on FOX pulled in 1,996,000 viewers in the overnight ratings, down 83,000 viewers from last week's...
spot_img