There’s a huge selection of sweepstakes legally available to the majority of US players, thanks to the fact they don’t allow real money wagering. But there’s so many social casino operators, it can be tricky knowing where to begin.
If you’re ready to start a whole new casino gaming adventure, without any need to deposit or purchase anything, then you can find all the information you need here, including examples of some of the best sweepstakes casinos available right now. You can even pick up 5% rakeback at Stake.us when you use our exclusive bonus code – MIKBONUS – today!
Top social casinos
So, what exactly makes the top social casinos so special? To give you an overview of what’s out there, here’s five of the very best and what makes them stand out.
- Stake.us: The ultimate all-rounder has a varied library of slots, table games, and beyond. It also includes unique in-house games you won’t find anywhere else.
- Pulsz: Ideal for slots fans, especially if you like to bet on the go, thanks to thousands of Vegas titles on a dedicated mobile app.
- Fortune Coins: For those who like to go for the big wins, Fortune Coins might be a good match, thanks to a selection of huge jackpot slots.
- Golden Hearts: You can support your most loved charities while playing your favorite games for the chance to win huge cash prizes. Also, this is arguably the best social gaming bingo option out there.
- Betrivers: The sleek ‘Casino4fun’ may not offer much in the way of prizes but they deliver on game quality. They even have sports betting options.
Compare social casinos for offers
|App||Best For||Bonus Offer||Games|
|Stake.us||Unique game library full of interesting left-field titles often lacking on other sites||5% rakeback on lost Gold Coins with bonus code MIKBONUS||Slots, table games and unique options such as Crash, Dice and Plinko|
|Pulsz||Vegas-style slots||Newcomers get 5,000 free coins at registration, alongside daily log in bonuses||Over 300 slots to choose from, including hold and wins, megaways and jackpots|
|Fortune Coins||Anyone wanting to try their luck at winning big without needing to spend||At registration, you’ll be given 140,000 Gold Coins and 500 Fortune Coins||Over 60 casino games available, including many slots and jackpots|
|Golden Hearts||Fans of giving to charity while having the opportunity of winning big cash prizes||5,000 free coins available when you refer a friend||Classic selection of slots and a bingo experience|
|BetRivers||An authentic feeling casino experience, with no purchase necessary||Credit renewal every four hours||500+ games, including a live casino, table games, an enormous selection of slots and even sports betting|
Win playing at social casinos
Sweepstakes or social casinos are legal in all US states (with the exception of Washington) because they allow people to play for free. This means they’re not real money gambling. So, if that’s the case, how is it possible that you can win real cash prizes at a social casino? How does gambling even work if there’s no cash to play with?
To help you understand everything you need to know, this page will cover important details, from what tokens you play with all the way to how prizes work. It’s all simple to understand, meaning everyone can go forth knowing how to win while playing at a social casino.
How does the currency system work?
There are two key types of currency available at almost every sweepstakes casino. These are typically known as Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins. However, they may go by another name. For instance, Stake.us calls their Sweeps Coins ‘Stake Cash’.
Nonetheless, the way these virtual currencies work conceptually should always be the same:
- Gold Coins are simply valueless tokens that are used in place of real funds to play the games and keep score. They’re the only kind of currency on a social casino which can be bought (as an optional way to extend gameplay) but they also must be provided for free by the casino.
- Sweeps Coins also have no inherent monetary value. However, they also count as sweepstakes entries, so the key difference here is that they can be redeemed for prizes (subject to terms and conditions), while Gold Coins cannot. They may also be offered by the site by some reasonable means without need for purchase.
How does the coin system work?
So, that’s what coins are, but how do they work on a practical level? Here’s a simple list of everything you’ll need to know to utilize both Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins:
- Register your account: Remember, you can register for free on all legitimate sweepstakes casinos. There’s no pressure for any purchase. The only exception would be something like Golden Hearts, where you’re asked to donate to charitable causes.
- Gather coins: In the overwhelming majority of cases, you’ll receive both Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins just for registering. But do keep your eyes peeled for the many other ways of collecting coins.
- Play them as normal: You play your coins just as you would real cash in terms of the practicalities of the games. Slots and roulette wheels work the same, for instance.
- Redeem your prizes: Once you’ve got enough Sweeps Coins and have met the terms and conditions, you can then redeem them for prizes. Just ensure you’ve uploaded a relevant payment method and have verified your account beforehand.
How to play without buying coins
You should always be able to play sweepstakes casinos without buying any coins. Not only that but it should be easy and simple to do.
The way you play without buying coins is really simple: there should be a broad selection of ways of gathering coins without buying them and then you can play as normal. If you’re on a site and there appears to be difficulty in playing without buying anything, then you should look elsewhere.
How to get free Sweeps Coins
So you know that you can get Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins in the overwhelming majority of cases right after registration. However, if you stopped there, you’re almost certainly missing out.
You can also collect Sweeps Coins in pretty much any way the operator sees fit to provide them, with the exception of purchase. So, stay on the lookout for any Sweeps Coin offerings from your chosen social casino. To give you an idea of what to look for, these are some of the most common options:
- Loyalty rewards
- Daily log in rewards
- Social media promotions
- On-site competitions
- As a bonus for buying Gold Coins
- Mail-in request
Best social casinos
All of these options offer unique experiences. It’s important to have an idea of what distinguishes them and what they offer in order to streamline finding your perfect match. With that in mind, here’s a spotlight on a star-studded line-up of social casino icons.
The best new sweepstakes casino: Stake.us
If you’re new to sweepstakes casinos and are wondering whether they can compete in terms of sheer game quality, then Stake.us should put your mind at rest. This combines the talents of Hacksaw Gaming and Pragmatic Play to craft a fine selection of slots and table games. The in-house team are their secret weapon, churning out minimalist classics of lesser known titles and even a live casino.
Plus, with tons of ways to collect coins and a straightforward redemption process, there’s plenty of ways to play these games and win real cash prizes. This is all backed up with a platform that is full of depth but also manages to be simple enough to appeal to a broad audience. It also translates well to mobile browsers, which really helps make up for the lack of a dedicated mobile app.
- Exclusive titles with unique styles
- Sweepstakes live casino
- Transparent terms and conditions
Vegas slots experience: Pulsz.com
This is a slots site primarily, so table game fans may want to look elsewhere. However, if spinning the reels is your idea of casino heaven, then you’ll surely be satisfied here. There’s hundreds of slots titles of all kinds for you to choose from. And with 5,000 free Gold Coins just for starting out and a newcomer-friendly design, anyone can play. They even have an app for mobile gamers and around the clock customer support.
It’s no wonder over half a million Americans have signed up. Pulsz might be the premier slots experience in sweepstakes gaming. This community not only provides confidence, but can be great for keeping the social casino social. Plus, they have that legitimate late-night Vegas casino feel which helps them stand out.
- Hugely trusted site
- Massive selection of slots
- 24/7 customer service
Dare to dream: Fortune Coins
Social casinos are supposed to be about having fun – not real money gambling. This allows them to be safe, legal and simply suitable for many more people. However, if the idea of winning big is still a vital part of your casino experience, Fortune Coins might do the best job of actually translating that feeling to a sweepstakes setting. That’s because this is a casino which is all about those huge jackpot slots, so you can go for the big time without having to spend a penny.
It also helps that the game selection of over 60 titles are all high quality, the site is technically sound, and the promotions generous. No downloads are required, which does mean that there’s no app but it also allows you to get playing in moments. That might be the true appeal of Fortune Coins – the ability to get involved in big jackpots.
- Big jackpot games
- 140,000 Gold Coins to start
- No downloads needed
A unique spin on sweepstakes: Golden Hearts
While Golden Hearts is considered a social casino, it’s one like no other. Again, you’re not betting with real cash. However, this is one that does ask you to donate to a charity. In return, you get the chance to win huge cash prizes, with $2,500 given to thousands of winners every day.
Think of it like a donation that happens to come with a heap of gaming goodness with big prize potential. You get to play your favorites, take a chance at winning big, and donate. And while the site is a charitable endeavor, you’ll still feel you’ve gotten ample entertainment for your money, as the game quality here is excellent – both technically sound and creative. Golden Hearts Games could also be the best option for playing bingo on social casinos right now.
- Donate and play
- Bingo options available
- Thousands $ given away daily
All about having fun: Betrivers.net
If you want absolutely everything you would expect from a major real cash betting site, then Betrivers could be an unmatched choice right now. That’s because Betrivers.net is one of the only social casinos that actually allow you to bet on sports for fun.
And there’s no compromise on the casino quality either. The game selection is solid, from slots to table games, with plenty of unique titles as well as a high quality live casino. This is thanks to the selection of slot developers available here, including the likes of NetEnt, Red Tiger and Konami, to name but a few. However, they don’t offer real cash prizes, meaning they are focused on those simply looking for the gaming experience.
- Reliable software developers
- Sportsbook available
- High quality live casino
How to choose new sweeps casinos
If you’re unsure which of the above – or which of the many other great social casinos out there could be right for you – then there’s a few things you can ask yourself. Below is a selection of some of the most vital questions to ask yourself. If you can answer these, you should be a lot closer to finding your ideal social casino match:
- Which games do I like to play?
- Are there any new sorts of games I’m interested in trying out?
- Do I want a jackpot focused experience?
Offers and free sweeps
- How would I prefer to be offered Sweeps Coins?
- What kind of promotions would I find the most fun?
- What level of effort am I willing to make to get Sweeps Coins?
- Do I play often enough to receive cash prizes from a particular operator?
- How important are cash prizes to my experience?
- What is the minimum cash prize I’d be looking for?
Is an app available?
- Do I prefer to play online using mobile devices?
- What are my mobile app requirements?
- Am I willing to play via a mobile browser should an app not be available?
Aesthetic and design
- What style do I enjoy most on a betting site?
- How much does site appearance matter to me?
- Which social casino do I find easiest to use?
Available banking options
- Do I wish to buy more Gold Coins?
- Do I want to redeem cash prizes?
- Which payment options can I use to do both these things and where are they available?
- Do I prefer my questions to be answered with direct contact?
- Am I a newcomer or otherwise someone who may need a lot of additional help?
- What are my preferred contact methods?
Summary: There’s a social casino to suit all kinds of players
Hopefully this page gets you a whole lot closer to your perfect sweepstakes betting match. The good news is that there’s so many high quality social casinos that there’s almost certainly one out there that fulfills your needs.
And the really great thing about sweepstakes casinos is that not only are they broadly legal in the US, as they don’t allow real money wagering, but they also don’t require any deposit or purchases from you. This means you can try out as many as you want without any risk. So, take your time and enjoy the process of finding your ideal pick. And if Stake.us is the one for you, remember to use the Exclusive Code MIKBONUS when registering to get your 5% rakeback bonus.
✅ What do I need to consider to choose the right social casino for me?
With so many social casino options out there, it may be a challenge to know which one is right for you. It’s therefore important to consider what kind of casino experience you want, from your preferred games type to the site aesthetic you enjoy the most. The top social casino sites, such as Stake.us and Fortune Coins, all offer their own unique, high quality gaming experiences.
👍 What are some of the best social casinos?
There are plenty of highly rated social casino operators available to US players, from Stake.us to Pulsz. However, as each sweepstakes casino offers a different experience, from the games to the promotions and site design, the best one for you will come down to a matter of personal preference.
💵 How does money work at sweepstakes casinos?
As sweepstakes casinos don’t allow real money wagering, they instead utilize virtual currencies. Typically known as Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins, these are given away for free by the operator in multiple ways, and allow you to fund your gameplay. Additionally, Sweeps Coins can be collected and when minimum requirements have been met, exchanged for prizes.