-

LA Knight’s absence due to COVID-19 leaves Smackdown main angle flat

The reason that LA Knight was not involved on Smackdown last night was because he tested positive for COVID-19 and had to leave the building according to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.

It was bad timing for Knight as he was supposed to be involved in the main event closing angle, coming out to save John Cena from the attack of The Bloodline. Instead, creative changed and it was Cena who ended up being solo getting attacked by Sikoa and Uso.

Earlier in the broadcast, a tag match of Cena and AJ Styles vs Sikoa and Uso was teased but it was then said it will be for Fastlane and The Bloodline took out AJ Styles backstage, leaving Cena with no partner.

Cena still went out for the contract signing to end the show but Smackdown ended kinda flat as no one made the save for the 16-time world champion.


Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Double or Nothing 2026 live on pay-per-view tonight, full card and how to watch

Live tonight from the sold out Louis Armstrong Stadium in Queens, New York, AEW presents Double or Nothing 2026...

Jim Ross says doctors worried he is suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s

During the latest episode of his podcast Grilling JR, Hall of Famer Jim Ross revealed that his doctors are...

Darby Allin sets wedding date for the eve of AEW’s Forbidden Door pay-per-view

AEW World champion Darby Allin revealed that he will be getting married on Saturday, June 27, just 24 hours...

Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading