Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was joined by his wife Lauren Hashian at the 2026 Golden Globe Awards along with his daughter and NXT General Manager Ava and her girlfriend, NXT star Tatyanna Pogonza-Dumas.
The Golden Globe Awards were held at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California, yesterday.
Netflix touted the 2025 WWE numbers in an e-mail blast sent from their communications department today.
Stats show that a total of 525 million hours of WWE content was consumed throughout the year, with Raw accounting for nearly 340 million and the rest for PLEs broadcast outside the United States.
Raw’s long streak of making it to the Netflix Top 10 Global chart came to an end when Stranger Things came around, but the show still did an impressive 47 out of a possible 52 appearances on the chart.
RAW has made the Top 10 in 34 countries, including the US (51 weeks), Bolivia (49 weeks), Canada (48 weeks), the UK (40 weeks) and Mexico (38 weeks). Other WWE events have made the Top 10 in 42 countries, ranking highest in Bolivia, Canada, the UK, Egypt, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
Despite not being available in the US, the 2025 Royal Rumble also made the Global English TV Top 10 chart, so far remaining the only WWE premium live event to have done so.
Ric Flair is offering to refund the $600 that a customer paid on Cameo for a custom video by The Nature Boy.
The one star review on Flair’s Cameo account, posted on November 26, 2025 by an anonymous person, said that he paid $600 “for Ric to sit in a restaurant blasted out of his mind and say my dad’s name wrong.”
The customer, who said that he wrote instructions word for word on what Flair should say to his father, Buff, wrote that he was super disappointed and wouldn’t be able to give the video to his father as a Christmas present because Flair, apart from being drunk, called his dad “Barf” instead of Buff.
Responding on X in a post almost two months later, Flair wrote that he wouldn’t want anyone to have a bad experience so to make things right, he would be more than happy to reimburse the person who was unhappy with the video.
“Please reach out to my law firm in Boston, Hartman Law,” Flair wrote. “I apologize for not addressing this sooner.”
WWE is holding tryouts at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida this week.
Those who received the invitation for the tryout include Bruss Hamilton, Bhupinder Gujjar, Blade Brown, Jack Pasquale, James Karnik, Jimmy House, Joshua Hillen, Labron Kozone, Leon Lokombo, Manny Lo, Nor “Phoenix” Diana, Regina Tarin, Starboy Charlie, and Tyler Jordan.
One of the names, Nor “Phoenix” Diana, is a Malaysian wrestler who recently lost her title to Mercedes Mone and was brought over by Bayley for her Lodestone wrestling seminar in early December.
WWE is looking to add more names to their third brand and developmental system to fill the void after more NXT stars were being called up to the main roster.
Both Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Emily Blunt came out empty handed from yesterday’s Golden Globe Awards for their respective roles in The Smashing Machine movie.
Johnson was nominated for Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama, and that award went to Wagner Moura for The Secret Agent.
Blunt was nominated in the Best Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture, an award which went to Teyana Taylor for One Battle After Another.
This was Johnson’s first-ever nomination in a major awards ceremony.
Last week’s episode of Dynamite on TBS drew 516,000 viewers, up 118,000 viewers from the New Year’s Eve episode. The show had a 0.08 rating in 18-49, up 0.01 from the prior week. (Ratings credit: Wrestling Observer)
AEW star Beast Mortos graduated to officially become a lawyer.
“Today was a very special day to share with the people I love because today was my graduation day, I am officially a lawyer. See you in court,” Mortos wrote in a post on social media after he got his law degree.
The 38-year-old Mexican was surrounded by his family and his girlfriend, fellow AEW star Mercedes Mone.
Mortos currently holds the ROH Tag Team titles with Sammy Guevara and last competed on AEW television on the New Year’s Smash episode of Dynamite, losing to ROH champion Bandido.
Monday Night Raw will kick off early in the United States, starting at 2PM ET as the show is live from Dusseldorf, Germany. For fans in Europe, Raw starts a 8PM CET.
Scheduled for today are Gunther vs AJ Styles for the first time ever and Penta and Dragon Lee team up to take on Austin Theory and Bronson Reed.
Plus, Iyo Sky and Rhea Ripley, the new WWE Women’s Tag Team champions, will kick off the broadcast, WWE Tag Team champions The Usos appear, and World Heavyweight champion CM Punk will also be in the house.
The future of the NXT title will be addressed on this coming week’s episode of NXT with General Manager Ava leading the charge.
The title was relinquished by then-champion Oba Femi on this week’s episode after he successfully defended it against TNA’s Leon Slater. Femi left the title in the middle of the ring as he got called up to the main roster.
The last time the NXT Championship was declared vacant was on September 12, 2021 after Samoa Joe suffered an undisclosed injury. A new champ was crowned two days later in a fatal four-way match which saw Tommaso Ciampa defeated LA Knight, Pete Dunne, and Von Wagner.
It’s the fourth time that the title has been declared vacant.
The Smashing Machine movie, which features Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in the leading role as Mark Kerr, is available to purchase on Apple TV for a discounted price of $12.99 for a limited time.
Johnson and his co-star Emily Blunt both received Golden Globe Awards nominations for their respective roles, with Johnson nominated for Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama. Blunt was nominated in the Best Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture.
The movie is based on the 2002 documentary The Smashing Machine: The Life and Times of Extreme Fighter Mark Kerr and is directed by Benny Safdie and distributed by the A24 movie studio.
It will also be available for streaming on HBO Max for subscribers starting January 23.
Drew McIntyre returned to his home town of Glasgow, Scotland last night as WWE champion and made his first title defense against Shinsuke Nakamura, just 24 hours after winning it from Cody Rhodes.
McIntyre received love from a sold-out crowd of over 11,500 at the OVO Hydro, who finally saw a Scottish champ live and in living color.
“Remember Clash of the Castle, the first one, I wrestled Roman. I got screwed over by Solo. Yeah, that was the worst night in my career, sent me on this downward spiral that I knew would end with this title,” McIntyre told the crowd after the match.
“But there was a moment that night, it was the worst moment of my career, when I had to sing a stupid song with Tyson Fury. So I want to make it up right now. I don’t have a great voice, as you saw, so I’m gonna need some help,” McIntyre continued.
McIntyre then had a shoutout to the Scottish football team, pumping them up for the FIFA World Cup, saying that they need to at least get through the group stages.
“We’re optimistic as hell. We believe we can do it. So let’s send a message to the lads out there. We’ll just do the chorus, you know the words, so help me out. Cheers Glasgow, good night, I love you all,” he concluded, before the whole arena started signing the Scottish national anthem, Flower of Scotland.
Another TNA star is gone from the company and this time it’s Killer Kelly from the Knockouts division.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful is reporting through his Select service that Kelly’s deal came to an end in December and with no creative plans for her, she decided to leave.
Kelly returned to the company in June 2025 after taking maternity leave and her last match was against Myla Grace on an episode of Xplosion.
The 33-year-old Portuguese star has been part of the company since late 2020. She is a former two-time TNA Knockouts Tag Team champion with Masha Slamovich.
In a pre-recorded video which aired on Collision last night, Mercedes Mone, still with cake in her hair from Dynamite, said that she would be taking a break from AEW.
Mone, who lost the TBS title to Willow Nightingale last week, said she held the title for over 500 days because she is the greatest and now she’s sick of being disrespected by everyone.
“I am taking a break from AEW to show you why and how I elevated,” she said. And good luck without me. Because when I return, I am collecting more than just titles.”
Mone collected a total of 13 titles along the way, but now is down to nine.
Over 11,000 fans have sold out the OVO Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland for today’s non-televised event as part of the Road to Royal Rumble tour.
While it was sold out before last night’s Smackdown, it will be a huge moment for the new WWE champion Drew McIntyre, who returns home to headline the event, and a nice added bonus for Scottish fans who had no idea this was going to happen.
“I said I was bringing the title home. Took a few years, but I never lie,” McIntyre said as he walked out of the airport with the WWE title on his shoulder. “I’m officially on Scottish soil WWE champion. I’d say it’s surreal, but it’s not. It was about time.”
McIntyre posted a photo wearing the Scottish football national team jersey in bed holding the WWE title, writing, “I prayed for this and it happened,” a take on what he told CM Punk when he was injured at the Rumble. The official X account of the Scottish team congratulated McIntyre on his win and his choice of shirt.
The Scotsman also posted a screenshot of a few comments on Instagram from fans about the title change, using the incorrect words on popular phrases.
“He did the thinkable,” one person wrote, while the other replied, “End of an error.” Another one posted, “Don’t smile because it’s over cry because it happened.”
Elton Prince, the British star one half of the WWE tag team Pretty Deadly, revealed in a post on Instagram that he just underwent successful two-level neck fusion.
The injury stems from a bad landing during a match back in May 2025, where Prince explained that after the rough landing, he felt a burning hot electricity exploding through his neck and arms, losing control of his hands and all his fingers curling in.
“It was pretty terrifying and what followed has been 7 months of tests, questions and well pain,” Prince wrote. “But thanks to the efforts of the WWE medical staff and Dr Kanter, Gina and the Hoag team, we found the problem and yesterday I successfully underwent a 2 level neck fusion.”
Prince wrote that it is not exactly where he hoped he would be at just 28 years of age but we are owned nothing in life and he’s just grateful to be on the road to recovery.
He said that while he intends to work hard to get back in the ring, his focus now is just to get healthy and be the best dad he can be for his daughter. He also thanked his wife, NXT announcer Kelly Kincaid for her support.
He also mentioned his tag team partner Kit Wilson in the closing of his post.
“I’m excited to watch my brother [Kit Wilson] crush everything he does and get a well deserved spotlight shone on him,” he concluded.
A mini-tournament to determine a number one contender for the WWE Championship was announced last night on Smackdown by General Manager Nick Aldis.
Eight WWE Superstars will battle it out on next week’s episode of Smackdown from London, England where the winners will then move on for a match at the next Saturday Night’s Main Event to determine who will face new champion Drew McIntyre at the Royal Rumble.
The matches will consist of Randy Orton vs The Miz, Solo Sikoa vs Damian Priest, Matt Cardona vs Trick Williams, and Sami Zayn vs Ilja Dragunov.
Out of the eight, only Orton and Miz are former WWE champions while Priest held the World Heavyweight title.
Jordynne Grace has officially moved to the Smackdown roster, ending her stint on NXT after she moved from TNA Wrestling early last year.
The 29-year-old marked her call-up to the main roster with a match against Alba Fyre on last night’s broadcast, winning it even after Chelsea Green tried to distract the referee.
On her way to the back, Grace was met at the top of the ramp by the reigning WWE Women’s champion Jade Cargill, who came out to inform her that Smackdown was her show.
The two had a face-to-face last week in a backstage segment, with Cargill telling Grace to find another show.
Jacob Fatu returned to television last night on Smackdown and inadvertently helped Drew McIntyre, his original target, to win the WWE title from Cody Rhodes.
Fatu has not been seen on WWE TV since the October 17, 2025 episode of Smackdown where he was attacked backstage before a number one contender’s match against Drew McIntyre. This was a way to write off Fatu from television due to an undisclosed injury he was suffering from.
The Samoan Werewolf made his presence felt towards the end of the main event and prevented McIntyre from exiting the cage, beating him up in the process. When Rhodes realized what was happening, he attacked Fatu and the two brawled on the other side of the ring, leaving McIntyre alone.
McIntyre crawled out of the cage and by the time Fatu realized what was happening, it was too late and did not manage to stop him in time.
It took a while, but it finally happened. Drew McIntyre left Berlin, Germany with some extra weight in his hand luggage as he finally defeated Cody Rhodes for the WWE Championship last night on Smackdown.
The two battled it out in a Three Stages of Hell match, where the first round was a regular match won by McIntyre. The second round was a falls count anywhere match, won by Rhodes. The third was a steel cage match, won by McIntyre with some extra help from the returning Jacob Fatu.
Fatu’s intention was not to help McIntyre win, and actually prevented him from exiting the cage at first. But after Rhodes attacked Fatu, they left McIntyre unattended, and he simply crawled out of the cage for the shock victory.
The match aired without commercials.
“No longer bored at work,” McIntyre posted on X after the match, playing off previous posts where he posted photos during matches saying, “Bored at work.”
McIntyre last held a title at WrestleMania 40, winning the WWE World Heavyweight title from Seth Rollins, but lost it just five minutes later to Damian Priest when he cashed in his MITB briefcase. McIntyre was haunted by CM Punk, who was on commentary, and played a role in clocking McIntyre before Priest ran out.
Apart from this very short run, McIntyre had not held a title in front of fans as his previous runs were during COVID when no one was allowed in the arena.
TNA Wrestling announced today that WWE Superstar AJ Styles will be part of their Impact episode next week which will be the debut on AMC.
This will be Styles’ second appearance in TNA over the past several months after he also made an in-ring appearance at Slammiversary last year.
It was not stated if Styles will be actually wrestling on the show, with TNA simply stating that he would be returning on January 15 for the premiere episode.