-

NJPW responds to Karl Anderson, says champs should honor their commitments

New Japan Pro Wrestling President Takami Ohbari wrote a tweet saying that the company is doing everything in its power to ensure all the advertised matches on November 5 take place, especially those which include champions.

The tweet is a direct response to Karl Anderson, the promotion’s NEVER Openweight champion, who last week said that he would be missing the NJPW show in Osaka because he’s booked to be part of Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia.

“We are doing all we can to ensure every signed match in Osaka on November 5 happens as promised,” Ohbari wrote. “We expect all wrestlers, especially champions, to honor their advertised commitments.”

In a video posted by Anderson and Gallows, Gallows said that NJPW didn’t confirm the booking through him first and now that he’s double-booked, Anderson will only go where the light shines bright and will defend his title under his own terms.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Rampage rating for 02/23/2024

Rampage on Friday night returning to its usual 10PM time slot drew 364,000 viewers, up 64,000 viewers from the...

NXT back live on USA Network tonight, four matches announced

NXT returns with a live broadcast tonight after last week's episode was pre-taped due to some key people behind...

Report: Drew McIntyre has not signed a new WWE deal yet

The Daily Mail is reporting that Drew McIntyre has still not signed a new WWE contract despite the big...

Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading