After a report from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer surfaced saying that Warner Bros. Discovery officials prevented AEW from having Brody King on last night’s episode of Dynamite, WBD denied the accusation, releasing a statement which was published by Fightful Wrestling.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer noted that WBD did not want fans chanting “F*ck ICE” again if Brody came out and him not being on Dynamite last night was “not a Tony call” but from someone “from above.”
Meltzer said that “nobody wants to get on Trump’s bad side” and with WBD going through regulatory approval for a sale which needs to be signed off by the Trump administration, “it’s just how it is.”
But officials from WBD denied Meltzer’s report, which was widely spread on social media, saying that they did not get involved in any way to prevent King from showing up.
“Warner Bros. Discovery did not have any involvement in Brody King’s upcoming AEW schedule. Any speculation to the contrary is categorically false. Brody is scheduled to appear during the next AEW event, which will air this Saturday on TNT and HBO Max,” the statement said.
Fans in Las Vegas last week chanted “F*ck ICE” just before his main event match against MJF started, with the network not censoring the chants and the AEW commentary team pausing from their work to make sure the chants are heard on TV.
Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
