Our friend Ian Hamilton attended the live WWE event in London at The SSE Arena, Wembley, last night and sent in the following results.
Merchandise available was really limited. Roman Reigns shirt was available, plus Seth Rollins, Paige, Sheamus and Bad News Barrett… and four different Cena shirts.
Byron Saxton handled the ring announcing tonight…. They announced a six man before the show – Los Matadores and Torito vs Slater Gator and Hornswoggle, complete with a fake twitter vote – wrestling match vs dance off. Hmm….
They have put black tape on the ring aprons, covering up any mention of the network…
1. Sheamus beat The Miz (w/ Damien Mizdow). Mizdow was absolute Gold on the outside, selling phantom bumps. Sheamus took the win with a Brogue kick after an even match.
They actually aired the Vince McMahon apology video about the UK WWE Network launch. A lot of boos for that.
2. Fans choice…los Matadores and torito vs Slater Gator (with Hornswoggle in the suit). We got a six man tag… Matadores won the comedy match when Torito hit the lionsault on Hornswoggle.
3. Mark Henry vs Xavier Woods. Henry wins with the World’s Strongest Slam in a squash.
Seth Rollins promo ahead of the street fight main event against John Cena.
4. Paige and Nikki Bella vs AJ and Brie Bella. Nikki reminded us all of the Hell in a Cell stipulation, and Brie is forced to manage the heel team. So this is now a handicap match. AJ scored the win with a roll up when Brie distracted Nikki with yes chants (after Nikki had hit the rack attack on AJ).
5. Rusev vs. Big Show. Show wins by dq after Rusev used a chair. It was what you’d expect – pray these guys don’t have a drawn our programme any time soon! Post match, Rusev put Show in the Accolade and left with the title… Only to the stopped by Mark Henry, who ignored the evil Russians so he could attack Sho, who got the upper hand with the ko punch.
6. Damen Mizdow vs Jack Swagger. Swagger wins when he reversed a skull crushing finale into the patriot lock. Nothing match…
7. Kofi Kingston and Big E vs Luke Harper and Erick Rowan. Big E and Kofi win with a double team Big Ending and elbow drop on Rowan for the pin. Xavier Woods ran in to celebrate… Just because!
8. Street fight – John Cena vs Seth Rollins. Pre match, Cena tried to rally the crowd by saying that London deserves a WrestleMania. A) hell will freeze over first and B) I’ve heard too many false promises in this same building by Dixie Carter…..
Your Standard streetlight – only weapons involved were chairs and a table. Rollins grabbed the mic and cut a rolling promo during the match (a la Jerry Lawler back in the day). Crowd struggled to buy into Rollins as a credible threat, despite Cena selling for most of the match. Finish came when Cena blocked a curb stomp attempt through a table, then hit Rollins with a top rope attitude adjustment for the win.
Decent show – would guess crowd was 6500… They announced a return for next April at the O2 Arena in London for the annual Raw and SmackDown tapings.